I tried accessing Word but I got the “Something went wrong Error Code 30125-1011 (404) ” message. I thought it was my computer so I decided to do a reboot and the same thing happened. I then tried accessing the other programs of the 2013 Microsoft Office suite but the same thing happened with all of them.
I followed through with the instructions given and got the same Error Code as everyone else
Solution for Error Code 30125-1011 (404) :
It’s important to make sure that Windows is fully up-to-date. A recent update could correct the startup issue you are experiencing with your Office 2013 or Office 2016 application.
Install the latest Windows updates to your computer
- Restart your computer.
- Try to open your Office application.
- If after installing Windows updates you’re still receiving a Error Code 30125-1011 (404), continue to the next section and follow the instructions.
If you need any further assistance in following the instructions please Initiate the Chat with our technical expert.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall
- Try updating your router firmware
- Use Disk Cleanup to delete temporary files and temporary internet files
- Reset Internet Explorer settings
- Start Internet Explorer without add-on
- Run system file checker: sfc /scannow
- Turn off hardware acceleration
- Reset the Task Scheduler
- Try a hardwired connection
Windows 7 :
- Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Click the Office program you want to repair, and then click Change.
- Do one of the following:
- In Office 2010, click Repair > Continue.
- In Office 2013, click Quick Repair.
Windows 8 :
1. Press the Windows logo key + X to see a list of commands and options.
2. Click Programs and Features.
3. Click the Office program you want to Remove.
4. Do one of the following:
> In Office 2010, click Remove > Continue.
> In Office 2013, click Uninstall.
You might need to restart your computer after uninstall is complete.
>> Now try to Install Office program and check if the issue Error Code 30125-1011 (404) persists <<
Step 1 :
Go to office.com/setup and enter your product key.
Step 2 :
Log in with microsoft account credentials
Step 3 :
Select the language and proceed with install
Step 4 :
Now office installing in the back ground
Step 5 :
Office getting things ready for first time
Step 6 :
You can use office successfully on your computer
If the issue Error Code 30125-1011 (404) persists after installing the Office 2013/ 365 ,
There might be an issue with system registry settings , configuration files or temporary files.
It is strongly recommended to have check on your computer by the technical support member.