After upgrading to Windows 10, Outlook 2013 might fail to open, and you receive this error:
Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Outlook Files\filename.pst.
This issue might happen when you’re prompted to login to Windows with a Microsoft Account, (Outlook.com, Live, Hotmail, or MSN), instead of your local account. In that case the permission changes were not applied properly.
We’re investigating to resolve the issue, but you can use the workaround below in the meanwhile :
To regain access to the PST file, reset permissions using the steps below:
- Right click the Start button and select File Explorer.
- Browse to the file location as indicated in the error. For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Outlook Files\filename.pst.
- Right click the file and choose Properties.
- Select the Security tab.
- Select the Edit button.
- Select your user account.
- Select Full control permission.
- Choose OK until all dialogs boxes are closed.
- Repeat the same steps for Administrators and System also, to have Full Control permissions.
- Restart Outlook.
If the issue persists there might be an issue with system registry settings , configuration files or temporary files.
It is strongly recommended to have check on your computer by the technical support member,
Click on the Image below to Initiate the chat with our Technical Expert:
Unable to access PST File or start Outlook after upgrading to Windows 10
Live Assist Tech Support:
Live Assist may be a one among the most effective service company with consultants United Nations agency were trained on all geographical point merchandise. we’ve extraordinarily accomplished service team of consultant’s arch on Microsoft geographical point merchandise. Email management is that the benchmark in our support, we’ve assisted thousands of users to remain their outlook secure and faster. we tend to tend to helped in backing up emails and contacts and manage the address book and Pacific Time files