This Error Code 0x800488ff is usually caused by misconfigured system files.
So, from my experience, if you received a Microsoft Office Error Code 0x800488ff message then there is a 95% chance that your computer has registry problems.
These Windows errors are easy to repair. By downloading and running the registry repair tool RegCure Pro, you can quickly and effectively fix this problem and prevent others from occurring. After fixing the registry, a quick scan with Spy hunter anti-malware tool will ensure that your PC has no more problems!
Windows 10 & 8 :
1. Press the Windows logo key + X to see a list of commands and options.
2. Click Programs and Features.
3. Click the Office program you want to Remove.
4. Do one of the following:
> In Office 2019 & 2016 click Remove > Continue.
> In Office 2013 & 2010 click Uninstall.
Windows 7 :
- Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Click the Office program you want to repair, and then click Change.
- Do one of the following :
- In-Office 2010, click Repair > Continue.
- In-Office 2013, click Quick Repair.
You might need to restart your computer after uninstall is complete.
>> Now try to Install Office program and check if the issue Error Code 0x800488ff persists <<
Step 1 :
Go to office.com/setup and enter your product key.
Step 2 :
Log in with microsoft account credentials
Step 3 :
Select the language and proceed with install
Step 4 :
Now office installing in the back ground
Step 5 :
Office getting things ready for first time
Step 6 :
You can use office successfully on your computer
There might be an issue with system registry settings, configuration files or temporary files.
It is strongly recommended to have a check on your computer by the technical support member.