Solutions for Error Code 30089-4 :Please follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue: Before you try the steps below, close the error message, restart your computer and try installing Office again. You should also check your updates to make sure all critical updates are installed on your computer. If you need any further support in following the instructions please Initiate the chat with our technical members.
Windows 7 :
- Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Click the Office program you want to repair, and then click Change.
- Do one of the following :
- In Office 2010, click Repair > Continue.
- In Office 2013, click Quick Repair.
Windows 8 :
- Press the Windows logo key + X to see a list of commands and options.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Click the Office program you want to Remove.
- Do one of the following: > After that, in Office 2016, click Remove > Continue. > In Office 2019, click Uninstall.
Please note the following points before you start installation of new office :
- Temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall.
- Try updating your router firmware.
- Reset the Task Scheduler.
- Try a hard wired connection.